Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wild Thing

Have you ever justed wanted to howl at the moon? Run around outside like a completely wild creature? I have. The urge overcomes me on a regular basis, usually late at night when everyone else in the house is asleep. That's one of the things I really miss about South Carolina, being able to just walk out my back door and into the woods. There was enough woods and land I could put on jeans, a hoodie, and boots at 2:30 in the morning and disappear for an hour making as much noise as I wanted and frolic in the forest. Living in a neighborhood is new to me, and you can't exactly go climb your neighbors wall and make creepy animal noises because you feel like it, ya know? Don't think I haven't thought about doing it anyways, but I don't think my best friend and her husband would be too happy about having reports of a strange animal living in their yard. So I guess I just keep it in, and try to find some new kind of outlet for my inner wild thing... maybe I should take up quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment